Pune: SKODA AUTO Volkswagen India has announced the appointment of Sarma Chillara as the Group Head of Human Resources and Administration.
In his new position, Sarma will be responsible for Human Resource strategy and execution, internal stakeholder management and talent management and will lead HR strategies for the Group within the framework of the India 2.0 project. Sarma will report to Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India.
- Previously responsible for HR Operations, Sarma takes over the mandate for Human Resources and Administration for the Group in India
- Succeeds Jan Frydrych, who takes over a new role at ŠKODA Headquarters in Mlada Boleslav, as Head of Operative HR care, digitization, HR 4.0
Jan Frydrych completes a successful tenure at SAVWIPL as takes over a new role at ŠKODA Headquarters as Head of Operative HR care, digitization and HR 4.0.
Sarma brings over 15 years of experience working across various roles within the HR domain. He joined Volkswagen Group in 2001 and has been associated with the Group for over 9 years in various leadership roles. He was previously associated with Citi, where he headed the HR department’s analytics unit, before moving to BCG. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce and an MBA in Human Resources from Welingkar Institute of Management.
Sarma takes over the HR mandate at SAVWIPL at a very exciting phase for the Group in India. The company is in the midst of a digital transformative journey, as part of its new Corporate Strategy 2030, with a specific focus on enhanced employee experiences, diversity and inclusion and education and upskilling to make the organization future ready.
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL has been formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing ŠAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.