New Delhi: In support of the Prime Minister’s Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) and the UN SDGs, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (HUL) in association with Invest India, Startup India, and AGNIi are launching the Grand Water Saving Challenge.
The Grand Water Saving Challenge is a national hackathon inviting Technologists, Inventors, and start-ups from the field of Water and Sanitation to participate. Winners of the challenge will receive a cash prize of Rs. 5 Lakh in addition to an opportunity to install and test the invention at a Suvidha centre, developed by HUL.
Winners of the challenge will receive a cash prize of Rs. 5 Lakh in addition to an opportunity to install and test the invention at a Suvidha centre, developed by HUL.
- 1st Prize – Rs. 5,00,000
- 2nd Prize – Rs. 2,50,000
Run by Toilet Board Coalition (TBC), the Challenge aims to address the need for an efficient flush system in public toilets to ensure optimum usage of water while ensuring a clean and hygienic toilet.
- Application Start Date – March 22, 2021
- Application End Date – May 10, 2021
- Application Result Date – June 20, 2021
- The challenge is open to Startups that are registered with DPIIT (Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade)
- The Challenge is also open to academic institutions that may not be registered as above.
- Employees of the Company, its Affiliates, distributors, appointed agency/entity holding the Challenge, their families and immediate relatives are not eligible to participate in the program.
- The Challenge is valid for Indian nationals residing in India who are eighteen years of age or above and who are not legally ineligible to participate for any reason whatsoever.
How to submit entry:
- Entry for the first round is by virtue of an engineering drawing and/ or a computer animation or simulation
- The entry must also be accompanied by a technical write-up explaining the scientific rationale of the inventive steps. The write-up shall not exceed 1000 words
- Top teams to receive mentoring from experts on their submissions.
- For more information visit: https://www.startupindia.gov.in/content/sih/en/ams-application/challenge.html?applicationId=6050cc03e4b03f92cbc8c95e
The World Economic Forum’s Healthy Cities and Communities initiative which catalyzed this Innovation Challenge aims to improve people’s well-being holistically by enabling them to live longer and fuller lives in their local environments.