Pune: IGX is India’s first and only online delivery-based natural gas spot exchange authorised by PNGRB and it has been set up to facilitate the Government of India’s (GOI) vision of ushering into a Natural Gas Based economy. IGX is set up to facilitate a spot platform where natural gas is traded and delivered through a market-based mechanism.
The Gas Exchange provides multiple competing supply options to the customer. An Exchange market helps bring down prices and same is the case for natural gas as the Gas Exchange facilitates competitive trade, boosting usage in a country. It will safeguard India’s energy security, enable competitive pricing and take the lead in forming a benchmark price that can benefit to the country.
- About Indian Gas Exchange – Operating Model.
- What is IGX’s gas trading platform and how does it work?
- How industries can source natural gas in a competitive and transparent manner through IGX?
- Trading Hubs
- Contracts for trading on IGX
- Bidding Mechanism and types of Auction
- Typical trade flow and associated procedure
- Delivery and settlement mechanism
- Risk Management
- Advantages of trading on IGX
- Case Study
Takeaways of the Session for participants:
- Benefits of IGX contracts as compared to existing bilateral contracts
- Cost Benefit analysis: IGX gas cost as compared to existing gas cost
- Risk Mitigation for Gas sourcing and its cost
- Understanding of transparent trading mechanism and price realization on the platform
- Membership structure and on boarding process of IGX.
The event is most relavant for:
- CEOs, MDs, Directors, Owners/Partners, Unit Heads, Maintenance Heads, Procurement Heads and For natural gas sourcing / procurement department, Consultants and individuals.
- The targeted audience could be all the gas / power-consuming industries in the various sectors like chemicals, glass, fertilizers, power plants, steel, food processing, metals, petrochemicals, ceramics, gas producers & distributors, automobiles, textile, pharmaceuticals and other entities from the manufacturing sector
- Rajesh Kumar Mediratta -Chief Business Officer, IGX
He has varied 34 years of experience in the power sector. He is also the Director Strategy (Non-Board) of the parent Company of IGX- Indian Energy Exchange (IEX). Prior to joining IEX, he worked with the apex power sector planning organisation Central Electricity Authority and later with the Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. He also played key role in establishing energy settlement systems at regional and state levels in Western region.
- Deepak Mehta – Head, Business Development-IGX
Mehta has an experience of over 20 years in the oil & gas industry and commodities. Prior to joining IGX, he worked with the Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd. (MCX) for more than 14 years where he was heading the Energy & Agri division. Major commodities handled by him included Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Cotton, Mentha Oil, CPO, etc. He also worked with Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL) for 6 years and was responsible for the execution of gas supply agreements, Industrial & Commercial marketing etc.
- Prasanna Rao – Head MO, IGX
He has 22 years of experience in market operations of equity, commodity and power exchanges. Prior to joining IEX, he worked with Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd for 4 years. He has also worked with Inter Connected Stock Exchange of India Ltd. He has been involved in the drafting of the Market rules, development of the exchange technology software and handling day to day processes.
There is no participation fees. However, prior registration is necessary.
The event is sponsored by IGX.