Pune: In the face of a massive second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic across the country, CNH Industrial has set up a task force to help its employees and their families.
The company undertaken a host of preventive measures to combat Covid19 including daily temperature checking, maintaining social distancing, compulsory registration on the Arogya Setu app, the provision of safety gear including masks, gloves and eye-protection along with daily regular sanitization at all their facilities.
Apart from these regular precautionary procedures, which have been in place since the onset of the pandemic, what sets CNH Industrial apart are an onslaught of additional measures undertaken to safeguard the health and safety of employees:
- Insurance for all the employees and their immediate families for COVID infection -A financial support of INR 50,000 is provided to all those employees who are tested positive or are home quarantined.There is also a Home Care Coverageof INR 20,000 for all employees and their families per instance.
- CNH Industrial has forged a tie-up with Apollo Hospitals which has set up a dedicated 24×7 medical consultation helpline number for employees.
- A dedicated task forcehas been put in place to track all infected employees and arrange all the required assistance from coordinating with the hospital to arranging for beds (both ICU and general), and procuring medicine, oxygen, etc.
- The company has worked with their global counterparts in China and Italy to proactively source oxygen concentrators to manage the current oxygen crunch in India.
- Employees are given the choice to work from home and have been asked to report on duty at offices/ plants only when required.
- All government guidelines are completely adhered to by the company including 50 per cent attendance norms or any as per government directives.
- Heads of Departments are directly in touch with their employees on a daily basis and report any health-related issues with the employee and or their family directly to management.
- The Company has deployed COVID Marshalls in factory premises to maintain social distancing amongst employees. Canteen facilities also follow the social distancing norms.
“We are committed to arranging to have all of our employees vaccinated once the availability of vaccines is restored. Once this is complete, we aim to make vaccination a mandatory requisite for entering our facilities to ensure a safe work environment.” he added.